Retinal Protection Sciences
is developing a class 2B medical device and system referred to as
The SAPRA™ system is made up of proprietary confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscope video camera, automated therapeutic laser, and proprietary automated safety technology. This automated safety technology includes groundbreaking adaptive dosimetry technology that is the first to measure retinal pigment density in real-time to perfectly adjust treatment parameters. As a result, for the first time in the history of retinal laser treatment, the SAPRA system can safely avoid treatment concerns for patients with unusually high or low retinal pigment density.
first preventative and therapeutic treatment modality for the most important and widespread causes of irreversible blindness worldwide. These include age-related macular degeneration (AMD), diabetic retinopathy (DR), open angle glaucoma (OAG) and inherited retinal degenerations (IRDs) such as retinitis pigmentosa (RP).
believes that the future of medical care will emphasize disease prevention and functional restoration. SAPRA acheives this through bioactivation, engaging the body’s own fundamental physiologic mechanisms for repair and restoration.
™ (RPT). The ™.
anticipates completion of the ™ system’s regulatory approval in 2020.
2. U.S. Patent. 9,381,115. Luttrull JK, Margolis BWL, Chang DB. Entitled: System and process for retina phototherapy. Filed May 12, 2012. Issued July 5, 2016.
3. U.S. Patent. No. 9,381,116. Luttrull JK, Margolis BWL, Chang DB. Entitled: Subthreshold micropulse laser prophylactic treatment for chronic progressive retinal diseases. Filed: October 23, 2015. Issued July 5, 2016.
4. U.S. Patent. No. 9,427,602. Pulsating electromagnetic and ultrasound for stimulating targeted heat shock proteins for achieve retinal repair. Filed Oct 26, 2015; issued August 30, 2016.
6. U.S. Patent. No. 10,076,671 Apparatus for retinal phototherapy. Filed July 1, 2016; awarded Sept 2018.
7. U.S. Patent. No. 10,117,777 System for neuroprotective therapy for glaucoma. Filed Oct 24, 2018. Awarded Nov 6, 2018.
8. U.S Patent. No. 10,194,798. Measuring RPE and choroid melanin levels with reflectometer. Filed: November 20, 2017. Awarded: December 18, 2018. Issued Feb 5, 2019.
9. U.S. Patent. No. 10,219,947. System and process for retina phototherapy. Filed March 13, 2013. Issued March 5, 2019.
10. U.S. Patent No. 10,238,542. System and process for retinal phototherapy. Filed June 6, 2016. Issued March 26, 2019.
11. U.S. Patent No. 10,278,865. Process for neuroprotective therapy for glaucoma. Filed May 3, 2016. Issued May 7, 2019.
12. U.S. Patent No. 10,285,859. System for performing retinal photostimulation. Filed October 22, 2016. Issued May 14, 2019.
13. U.S. Patent No. 10,299,961. System for neuroprotective therapy for glaucoma. Filed April 25, 2018. Issued May 28, 2019.
14. U.S. Patent No. 10,307,294, System and process for neuroprotection in glaucoma. Filed March 29, 2018. Issued June 4, 2019.
15. U.S. Patent No. 10,357,398, System and process for treatment of myopia. Filed November 15, 2017. Issued July 23, 2019
16. U.S. Patent No. 10,363,171, System and process for retinal phototherapy. Filed May 6, 2016. Issued July 30, 2019.
17.U.S. Patent No.10,434,330 Process for safety providing retinal phototherapy by determining retinal melanin levels. Filed January 7, 2019. Issued October 10, 2019.
Jeffrey K Luttrull, MD Founder, Chief Executive and Medical Officer
Benjamin WL Margolis, PhD Chief Engineering Officer
David B Chang, PhD Chief Scientific Officer
Harry Carneal Chief of Business Development
Oculox Technologies SAGL Strategic Engineering and Manufacturing Partner